If you are struggling with a cold and flu in order to prevent and protect yourself, you will make a good choice if you add this golden mixture in your diet plan which will help you with all kinds of inflammation. The best thing about this powerful paste is that you can easily do it at home.
The key ingredient of this “golden mix” is turmeric, also known as Indian saffron, which is a spice with soothing properties that counteract inflammation and carry out detoxification of the whole organism. It is also known as a natural remedy for pain. Given that our body hardly absorbs turmeric, you should add butter and pepper in order to assist with the absorption of the spice.
You will need these ingredients:
• 125 grams of turmeric powder,
• 250 milliliters of water,
• 1 1/2 tablespoon powdered black pepper,
• 70 milliliters of virgin olive oil or coconut oil
How can you prepare it?
• Put turmeric in the water and constantly stir over low heat. Mix until you get a thick paste, and this process can take from 6 to 10 minutes.
• If you think that the paste is too rare, add more turmeric, or if the paste is too dense, add some water. The paste should not boil, but it has to be on low heat all the time because otherwise the ingredients will lose their medicinal purpose.
• Finally, add the pepper and the oil. Continue to mix in order to bond all the ingredients.
• Remove the mixture from the fire and let it cool down. The paste can be stored in a glass jar and kept in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks because its power or efficiency will weaken after that time.
How can you use it?
If it is used as an additive in food, add it at the end of the cooking in order to maximally preserve the nutrients. Especially it complements the dishes with beans.
It can be also used as a tea, just put a teaspoon of the paste into a boiling water, then add honey or sugar for better taste and stir constantly. It is a great addition to sauces. Add a tablespoon of pasta into the soup of vegetables or in the cream soup. Add a tablespoon of the paste in stewed rice and vegetables to heighten the flavor. You can also add a little amount of the paste in hot whipped milk.